Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's been a while..

Wow it's been a while since I have been on this thing! My mom keeps giving me grief for not blogging so I figured I might as well. The problem is, I don't really do much. I am always working. So hopefully with summer right around the corner I will have more to blog!
I have almost lived in Utah for 2 years now, and in those two years I have NEVER been camping. Its pathetic. Utah is the land of camping and I have not been once. I don't know if you guys ever met Mark, but he is a camper. I'm pretty positive that his calling in life was to be a wilderness man. He absolutely loves it and during the summer he literally goes camping every weekend. He decided that it was crazy that I hadn't gone. So last night we all loaded up in the truck (including Mr. Wilson) and we went camping.
Now I've been camping before, our family used to do it all the time! But I have NEVER been camping like this. We quite literally drove up into the mountains and just found a place that looked good. No campground, No parking spot numbers, and no bathrooms....awesome.
We found a pretty good grassy spot right out by a river and decided to set up camp. We get out and Mark takes out this handy little shovel..I had no idea what the heck he was doing. It was dark and cold and I just wanted to set up the tent. He started digging a hole in the ground and I soon found out he was making a fire pit. I kinda started feeling like the "roughing it" camping I had done in the past was going to be luxury camping compared to this! I learned how to make a fire with no fire pit, no matches, fire starters, or wood. I felt like I was in Girl Scouts again.
After we got the fire started, we started pitching tents...try doing that in the dark...with one flash light...ya.
This morning was gorgeous. We woke up to mountains all around us and the gorgeous river. Wilson was seriously in heaven. He jumped right into the river. I couldn't believe it! It was so fun!
After we had taken everything down, Mark took me out to breakfast and we had a great time! Hopefully there are more camping trips to come this summer!


He is such a {Goober}

Willy Wilson

2 comments:

  1. seriously disappointed that all that time in girl scouts didn't pay off :) you should've been out there with your fire starters and showed him you, too, know how to rough it! darn. i failed you once again as a mother! :) glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right ,, it has been way too long!! Almost a year!! But then again ,, I rarely post anything on mine either! I'm not the best writer in the world...so I just let it go. I miss seeing your posts on here. I'm really glad that you had a good time "roughing it".

    And wait a minute.....who is Mark? You mean to tell me you didn't tell big sisty about someone named Mark? hahahaha!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete