Monday, November 9, 2009

It's Been a WHiLE

Sorry I'm an awful blogger but what can ya do! So I feel like I had a really great day today and I wanted to write about it...not only for your sakes, but I want to be able to look back on this day and feel happy.
So church here is a hard thing for me. I don't really know anyone in the ward and the roomate that I'm the closest too doesn't really go to church all that often. So its been a struggle. So today I decided to change my outlook a bit. I decided that I was going to go to church with the goal and excitement to meet new people...and thats EXACTLY what I did. There is this girl named Julia that spoke one of my first weeks there and I have wanted to be her friend ever since. So, today I walked right up to her tell her I loved her testimony and that I wanted to be her friend. From there I made friends with her friends Mary and Adam who are both awesome. Then I decided to stay and join the ward choir where I met a boy named Josh who invited me over to his house for scripture study. Then I came home from church where I met two (very cute) canadian boys in the parking lot, Ben and Jay. Then from there I went to ward prayer where I met SEVERAL people and was told I have beautiful eyes (HA they arent so squinty after all) Then I went from there to Josh's where I met Chase, Steven, Natalie, Sara, and Jessica. So whats that...11+ in one day!

It has AMAZED me what can happen when you wake up with the intent to accomplish something in the morning. I prayed that I would be brought into people's lives and that I would feel at home here and based on today, its looking pretty great!

I encourage you all to wake up tomorrow( or whenever you read this) and set a goal for yourself that day. Put yourself out there and don't let anything stop you. Keep a prayer in your heart and you will be amazed at what you accomplish!

Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Girlie ,, that is so awesome! And what's not to like about you? You are so sweet, caring and giving ,,, and I'm so glad that you have finally found the niche you needed! Love you lil sisty!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you had such a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved what you wrote, and I'm so proud of you and that beautiful spirit of yours. You turned that fear into faith and look at the gifts!
    I will wake up tomorrow and set a goal and think of you.
    So heres to you and all those new friends in your life.
    Love Gram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Puter!!! Way to be outgoing!

    ReplyDelete